COMMUNITY INVESTMENT PROGRAM
For more than 50 years, Gazifère has played an active role in improving the quality of life for the local community. Through its investment program, as a corporate citizen, Gazifère supports organizations that share its values and work with the customers it serves.
The community investment program:
• favours organizations, projects and initiatives that seek the general improvement of the quality of life and security of the community.
• favours organizations, projects and initiatives that respect the environment and emphasize sustainability in their activities within the community.
Since Gazifère’s operations take place mainly within the boundaries of the city of Gatineau, projects and initiatives approved under the program contribute to the well-being of the people of the city.
In keeping with its business and communication objectives, Gazifère focuses its commitment on the following sectors:
Arts and culture
Gazifère supports organizations that promote the outreach of art and culture within the community, and whose projects contribute to the education and vitality of various groups.
Gazifère supports initiatives that contribute generally to improvement in the quality of life of the local community. Here, health and mutual assistance are the focus.
Environmental protection is central to Gazifère’s concerns. It supports initiatives that help to preserve the environment, or promote its preservation.
Gazifère recognizes that education is one of the most precious gifts a person can receive, regardless of age. Gazifère favours projects and initiatives that support academic perseverance and success.
The safety of the community and of its own employees is a priority for Gazifère. Through a variety of projects that help to promote and ensure community safety, Gazifère also promotes the valued cooperation of firefighters and other emergency services in the city of Gatineau.
In the interests of fairness, we are obliged to exclude the following from our investment program:
• requests for support for individuals or athletes, whether professional or;
• activities taking place mainly outside the city of Gatineau;
• projects related to a political party, a religious group or a pressure group;
• travel by individuals or groups;
• fundraising campaigns to support research.
The request must come from a non-profit agency or group, or an organization registered as a charity with the Canada Revenue Agency.
AWARD OF CONTRIBUTIONS
• A single contribution will be awarded to an organization on an annual basis (unless a specific agreement has been signed between the parties).
• Renewal of the contribution is not automatic, unless there is an agreement between the parties.
• Each new request is to be submitted to Gazifère’s Communications Department for evaluation.
In its communications and public relations activities, Gazifère may use the name of an organization, project or initiative to draw attention to its contribution to the community.
All sponsorship requests are to be forwarded to Gazifère’s Communications Department, either by email to email@example.com, or by ordinary mail to Maryse Fortin, 706, boulevard Gréber, Gatineau (Québec) J8V 3P8.
Requests in the form of a circular or a reply coupon may be automatically rejected.
Applicants will normally receive a response within 4 to 6 weeks.