DO YOU NEED A TECHNICIAN?
Are you having an issue with one of your natural gas appliances? Our qualified technicians are at your service 24/7. To reach us, simply call 819-771-8321 option 2.
Do not hesitate to contact one of our customer service representatives if you have any concerns about whether any of your natural gas appliances are working properly. Our representative will be pleased to review the situation with you.
Virtual Technical Service – Pilot project
Gazifère is now offering its customers a Virtual Technical Service. This is a brand new efficient and innovative alternative! Our technicians can are now able to resolve certain types of issues without having to go to your place. This initiative is made possible by a Web app called ICwhatUC.
How does it work?
- Depending on the issue, the customer service representative may suggest that you use the virtual technical service, which enables the technician on duty to see your appliance through your smartphone camera in real time.
- If you agree, your request will quickly be transferred to the technician on duty. You will receive a secure text message (SMS) so you can communicate with the technician. The message will read as follows:
“Please click on the link to connect with Gazifère. This call will be recorded for quality control purposes.”
- When you are ready, click on the link you received in the message. The technician will then guide you through the process instead of having to come to your place.
Frequently asked questions
What is the Virtual Technical Service?
The Virtual Technical Service is a pilot project involving a new approach made possible by the use of a Web app called ICwhatUC. This Web app is used by our qualified technicians to respond to certain service requests that would normally require an on-site visit.
How does the app work?
- Depending on the type of request, the customer service representative will propose that you use the Virtual Technical Service, which enables the technician on duty to see your appliances through your smartphone camera in real time.
- If you agree, your request will quickly be transferred to the technician on duty. You will receive a secure text message (SMS) so you can communicate with the technician. The message will read as follows: “Please click on the link to connect with Gazifère. This call will be recorded for quality control purposes.”
- When you are ready, click on the link you received in the message. The technician will then guide you through the process instead of having to come to your place, saving you precious time.
What are the advantages to the customer from using this app?
- Safe: in addition to using a secure app, this service minimizes human contact as required during the pandemic
- Personalized service: a qualified technician is at your disposal to answer your questions and deal with the source of the issue
- Fast: the average service call is completed in less than four minutes
- Eco-responsible: the technician does not need to drive to your place
Can I use this app for all types of services?
A number of requests can be quickly resolved through this virtual service. If repairs to a natural gas appliance or new parts are needed, a qualified technician will have to go to your place. Do not hesitate to contact our customer service department so that our representatives can tell you which is the best approach for your particular request.
Does this app word with either an Android or an iPhone?
Absolutely. This app works with all smartphones associated with a wireless communication provider. You are not required to install an app on your smartphone. When you receive the link by text message, simply click on it and you will be connected to the technician.
How long should I expect this type of appointment to take?
That will depend on the type of service call. On average, calls are completed in less than four minutes. When the call is over, you will receive a short survey, just three questions, to assess your experience. Your feedback is important to us.
Are there any costs associated with the use of this app?
You will not be charged for this virtual technical service.
Is the link I receive secure and safe for my electronic devices and for my privacy?
Gazifère uses the ICwhatUC app for this service. This app has a good reputation and is designed to protect users’ safety and privacy. Given that there is nothing for you to download or register, there is no risk of breaching privacy standards or practices.
Lakeside, Gazifère’s authorized service contractor
Since 2010, Lakeside, an independent private company, has been Gazifère’s authorized service contractor. Gazifère refers all maintenance and repair requests from its customers to Lakeside.
Lakeside is a member of the Corporation des maîtres mécaniciens en tuyauterie du Québec (CMMTQ), and has more than 20 certified natural gas technicians.